It's Contagious

Were you amazed to have the opportunity to worship this week?


This Sunday I attended a church of about thirty people. It was small enough that about a quarter of the room ran the service. As I sat through worship (such a terrible concept, as I will explain), I noticed some members sitting, some standing, and some dancing. I realized how I take worship for granted. If I believe that I am saved from unending death, why am I suppressing that rhythmic urge to sing, smile, and dance? I would not be pleasing God simply by those actions, unless I am motivated by the wonder of the gospel. I want my excitement because of God's gift to be contagious. Today, I smiled at someone and said simply, "Bonjour!" The smile I received in return made my heart skip as I walked away. Excitement is contagious.

The second question I kept asking was, "Why do we go to church?" I've gone to church to learn. I've gone to look religious. I've gone because I want to be with others that love God. Why do we carve out chunks of a day every week for "church?" Oh, to have the full excitement from a realization of God's love that I expectantly wait for the day of the week when I get to praise God with other believers! Why do I go to church? It's more fun to praise God with other people.

D'accord, the update on the rest of Sunday: Maman & Papa took me with them to buy strawberries in Namur. It was a gorgeous day next to the Meuse and the strawberries were like nature's candy.


Until next time,

Soren

Comments